2021 is the General Election year for Municipalities in the Province of Alberta.
There are 3 council positions to be filled in this election.
Nomination Day is Saturday June 19, 2021 between 10am and 12pm
- Notice of Nomination
- Nomination Forms can be downloaded here
- Nomination forms must be handed in to the Returning officer between 10am and 12 noon on Saturday June 19, 2021.
- All nomination forms must be filled out completely including the name, address, and signature of 5 people eligible to vote in the election
- Candidates MUST sign the nomination form
- If a candidate is not able to hand in the nomination form on the prescribed date and time, you may have someone else hand it in for you. In this case only you MUST have your signature witness and stamped by a Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary Public.
- Nomination Forms cannot be mailed, faxed or sent electronically
The following information is provided as information only. Please refer to the Government of Alberta website for more details.
Interested in Running for Office? Check out the Guidebook “Running for Municipal Office” available from Municipal Affairs here